- Gary Numan… OK I am fickle, I concede the point, damnit! However, just realised he’s still producing excellent music even now, and has been for years! And his new single My Name is Ruin.
- Brian Blessed… do you really really require an explanation?
- Sandy Toksvig… potentially funniest female alive!!!
( A little dynamo of comic and cosmic energy of super-nova proportions)
- Tony Robinson of the… bumbling but irrepressible Baldrick fame and series… Blackadder.
- Brian Cox… Physicist genius and dude, but I would not only like to pose some interesting questions about the universe; also, of even more paramount importance… you played base in the band D-ream… seriously? I hasten to add – a few years ago, also see him leaving a sandwich shop in Leeds, and heading back towards the university. This was at a time (time being relative an’ all) when only the occasional nerd or geek would have any of inkling or interest (in reality, this one or some other parallel multiverse) as – to who he actually was.
- Stephen Hawking: Perhaps he could demonstrate how a picnic blanket in the midst of meadow… is reflective of the fabric of the…
- Steve Wright… in the Afternoon! Well, it does not have to be the afternoon, morning, evening… any time really? But then I’d also like to invite his nemesis, none other than:
- William Shatner! (I could never quite figure out – why Steve Wright was not keen on ol’ William, either…?) Both particularly zany chaps, who’s mentalities would reside most probably hospitably on another planet.
- Nelson Mandela… a black dude with attitude!
- Sean Connery... Scottish tartan dude with attitude.
- Midge Ure... Scottish singing dude with attitude.
- Bob Geldoff.… for saving the world, with the help of the likes of Midge Ure! Who knows perhaps these two could reconcile their differences over a cheese and cucumber sandwich?
- Artic Monkeys… very kool, contemporary dudes!
- James Garner – Rockford Files dude…
- Michael J Fox, hey – the guy singlehandedly brought back skateboarding, and aspired to its innovative successor – the hover-board!
- Jim Carrey… Rubber faced comedic hero & I’d just like to hear is philosophy on life, and this being a carousel?
- Guy Garvey lead singer with the great band Elbow… and ‘all round’ nice guy – excuse the pun! Do really quite like this song… Grounds for Divorce
- Ian Holm – hugely under-rated British thespian genius. He has appeared in just about every movie from the Aliens trilogy, Lord of the Rings and not forgetting The Borrowers (where on both occasions, they had to decrease his stature by a decidedly minimal proportion. Remarkably – he has been the essential lynch pin – in more films than you may imagine!
- Gorbachev… for tea, egg and cucumber sandwich, in between giving Russia, and the world the best chance at democracy and fairness it had in decades when he was President.
- Terry Pratchett – comic fantasy writer, and much missed! Certainly helped inspire my own style of scribbling: The Tallest Dwarf
- Melvyn Bragg – progressive thinker and cultured commentator.
- Plan B the singer… and not the latest schematics for the local supermarket complex, and reference to where the trolleys are stacked! Really poignant, thought provoking music and a little too close to home on this occasion.
- Timba and Pumba from the Lion King, no doubt an invitation to ensuing mayhem & unrivalled unmitigated-chaos, but without exception “interesting…!”
- Willy Wonka... I once played this role in a school production… never quite managed the elevated -and lofty echelons of Gene Wilder’s zany mad antics however!
- Alex Salmond, who seemed I feel to have spoken more sense when he was First Minister of Scotland… does concern me that the SNP are becoming the establishment rather than challenging themselves the way they have in the past, and seeking a better way of ourselves moving forward together?A sombre note to conclude on, but unless we attend to the serious issues in life… we do not then get to relish those precious moments, which give life meaning.
And for anyone else I perchanced to have missed?
Just follow the clown…!